Love Me Some…
Today, I am LOVING…
1. Alexa Chung’s fashion sensibility. Classic and modern. Super chic.
2. That figs are back in season! I am going to wrap them in bacon and drizzle them in honey atop a mound of humboldt fog and crusty bread.
3. Yogaglo.com – unlimitted, on-demand yoga in your living room. Choose your class by teacher, style or level. Personally, I love that these are real classes filmed in real studios. There’s no size two, celebrity instructor in a perfectly lit studio surrounded by dronee clonees staring you down. The camera is positioned from the perspective of an actual student, on a mat, in a for realz classroom. Yay for getting REAL!
4. Gender reveal cakes! Are you a hot mama-to-be? If so, ask the doc to tightly seal away the baby’s gender inside of an envelope. Take your very special note to your favorite bakery and ask them to prepare a cake with either pink or blue center (either the cake or the frosting layer inside). Invite friends to your reveal party, dive into the cake together and then, woo HOO – surprise! My sweet friend Karine is doing this on Sunday and I can hardly wait!!! We love you Baby K. (photo credit: cake junkie at Flickr )
5. The Blue Print Cleanse – I know, when will we stop talking about cleanses? They aren’t for everyone but if you’ve been here before you know I’m a fan. Specifically, a fan of this program. It’s all about fresh squeezed fruit and vegetable juices full of live enzymes, protein and vitamins. You ease your way in and out so it’s not too hard on your system and the juices deliver enough calories to actually fill tha belleh. P.S. – they say Hilary Swank and Jay Z are Blue Printers. I’m just sayin’ (“…concrete jungle where dreams are MAAADE of….”).
6. Miss Lilian recently gushed about a romantic getaway to one of my all-time favorite spots! The Viceroy in Palm Springs. Funny, I was just thinking I needed to pay those happy, pool-side, loungers a visit. Insert nostalgic sigh as I recollect my big birthday weekend last year! Ahhhhh.
7. And last but not least, the foodie-ness and photography of Matt Armendariz of Matt Bites is something I aspire to. Here he serves up this dreamy Summer Sangria recipe and this lovely photo from Everyday Food magazine. I’ve gotta think this one tastes as good as it looks.